CITY IS WAITING FOR YOU

CITY IS WAITING FOR YOU
From here to there...to San Francisco

Sunday, January 31, 2016

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Here I am again...awake. I have been in this position over and over again. Three hours ago my dog was pacing the house. Up and down the stairs, in and out of my bedroom, and back again up and down the stairs. Occasionally he would bark whilst he was downstairs at the backdoor. Now at this time I was actually sleep, but with him alerting me that something was up; I rose. As I descended down the stairs I could hear his nails of his paws clicking on the hardwood floors to meet me. We both went to checkout what was going on. I reassured him it was probably a stray cat,dog, or some other type of animal that was in the yard. This went on about two or three times, and two or three times I would check only to find out it was nothing. The fact that he is not a dog that constantly barks for no reason; it is quite necessary to check. One can never be to sure; especially when you are living alone or should I say the only two legged individual in the house. He has been pacing the floors for about three nights now, and each time I told him it was okay or to get in bed with me. Tonight was different. I heard him enter my room, pace, jump from his doggie bed to the area rug by my bed. Now I am listening to all of this with my back towards him, for I sleep on my side. I could feel his eyes starring at my back. I turned and there is was starring straight at me. Being the type of dog lover that I am we had a one way conversation asking him what was wrong. I informed him I was going out in the night to go hunt for what was bothering him, so instead I dawn my dressing gown and went downstairs to the living. I informed him that I would stay up to ease what was bothering. If I was going to be up I decided to turn on the television and make some popcorn. Whilst in the kitchen he would walk in and out to see what I was doing. Once popcorn was done, I got comfortable and proceeded to watch a show. I totally stop paying attention to him, but as I look around I noticed he wasn't with me. I rose from my chair and looked about and found the he had gone upstairs in my son's room and on the bed I found my dog sleeping. I shook my head and eased out the room so not disturb him. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself, for it took me to go through changing to settle his nerves. I will do whatever I can to soothe his nerves and keep him in peace,for he brought peace in my life by being just who is...my four-legged angel.