CITY IS WAITING FOR YOU

CITY IS WAITING FOR YOU
From here to there...to San Francisco

Sunday, September 1, 2013

TIME FOR GOOD-BYE

I didn't want to open the door and leave you, but it had to happen. The love we once had was gone. It was a time to make a change in my life then and there. I looked at you with tears in your eyes. I looked around the place we use to call our "Love Haven"; no longer was it that anymore. Did I want to go? No, but I couldn't live in a lie any longer. My decision did not come easy, for I lost so many nights of sleep and during the day I would scream, cry, and want to end my life. I knew that was not for me to do. I had a life to live and I was going to live it for probably the first time. It is said, "you can do bad by yourself." Well, I was going to find out how much of that was going to true, for I believe I already had the bad when I found you with another. When you hit bottom; from there has to be up. I picked up my bags and looked at you as to look right through you, for you were not the person I thought I knew. I guess I didn't. In the vows, "to death till we part", well I wasn't going to wait till death, for it was killing me to be here any longer with you. I lier, cheat, loss love, and a person that I couldn't trust. When I reached the door I wanted to stop, but I opened it, for I knew if I try to stay again I wouldn't have a life to live.I heard you call out my name as I walked out the door as I said "good-bye" for the last time. As I heard the door close behind me I heard the screams that I had screamed so many times and heard the tears that I had cried so many times. Now it was your turn to hurt. I walked down the stairs to the outside and took a deep breath in and out. I felt like I was breathing for the first time; as I walked down the street to destination unknown. I was going to go where I couldn't hurt anymore; away from you. A man walked past me and asked what time it was? I replied, "it was time for good-bye."